Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Written On The Wind

When this poet's words cam in my sight
I read each one into the night
How powerful this pens' might
capturing me until dawns' light

Then having need to know his heart
exuding warmth, as if to start

A fire from ember long through dead
became alive with flames, instead,
as shadows danced inside my head
in cadence to word still unread.

Then, from a place I have never seen
cam these feelings, so serene.

My heart fell deep, my mind flew high,
rainbows replaced darkened skies.
Could it be this gent sought me out,
writing poems to ease my doubt?

Perhaps, the sun might shine once more
to brighten this woman's' lonely shore.

How shocked to find these lips could smile,
soon to find just for a while
Seems, even a poets' words will end
when only written on the wind.



No comments:

Post a Comment