Thursday, November 3, 2011

Nothing Ever Happened

My head is pounding.
I get up and walk to the mirror.
Black eye, nose bleeding, split lip,
I breath and my ribs hurt.

I hurry to the shower,
I hurry to clean myself up,
I need to look presentable,
I need to think of a way to hide this.

I step out and dry off.
Dry my hair, put on clothes.
Cake on the concealer and foundation.
Which does little to hide the freshly made marks.

"Be back in a bit" he says
I hear the door close,
He starts the car and drives away.
Where is he going?

Sitting at the table with coffee in hand.
 An hour has passed.
He still isn't home.
Where did he go?

The door opens.
Flowers in hand.
My favorite flowers.
He smiles at me.

Kisses my forehead.
"I'm sorry" he said.
I didn't mean to get so angry,
It wont happen again.

I promise

Just like that,
everything is fine again.
Feels like we are on our honeymoon.
For the one hundredth time.


No comments:

Post a Comment